We believe the facilities of Camano Chapel belong to God. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we may make our facilities available to approved non-profit groups as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian care, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice. Camano Chapel Elders reserve the right to decline acceptance of any facility use to applicants who hold or advocate any beliefs in conflict with the Bible-based nature of Camano Chapel. We ask that requesting groups understand:
- Reservation Priority: Camano Chapel's use of its facility and grounds has first priority and may have to cancel or change a reservation in the event of a memorial service or ministry need. Camano Chapel will exercise its best efforts to accommodate all accepted reservations on a first-come, first-served basis; however, it assumes no liability for cancellations.
- Holidays: Non-ministry events may not be scheduled on holidays, holiday weekends, and the week prior to Easter. December special events may not be scheduled, allowing for normal Christmas programming and preparations. All church facilities are closed from Christmas Day through New Year's Day, with the exception of regular Sunday worship.
- Saturday Event Requirements: Non-ministry events and clean-up shall be completed by 4pm to allow for Sunday worship and Sunday school programming and preparation (Click Weddings for additional information).
- Groups: Only community or non-profit groups may use rooms. Camano Chapel reserves the right to request and review your organizations mission statement, objectives and description of any association you may have with other organizations considered to be political, partisan or moral in nature in order to ensure that Camano Chapel facility and ground uses do not conflict with our mission to uphold a Biblical worldview. This restriction is necessary for two important reasons.
- First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith and doctrine. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church's beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity and would be a grave violation of the church's faith and religious practice (2 Cor. 6:14; 1 Thess. 5:22.).
- Second, it is very important that the church present a consistent message to the community, and that the church staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Allowing facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church's faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message that the church seeks to promote.
- Documentation: Community and non-profit groups (i.e. S.C.J.A.A., Civic organizations etc.) using the facilities will be required to submit the following prior to facility use:
- Certificate of Insurance: A property, casualty, and liability insurance certificate shall be provided by the group's insurance agent naming Camano Chapel as an additional insured.
- Non-profit organizational documentation: Example - Articles of Incorporation, 501c3 Letter of Determination etc.
- Washington State Food Handlers Permits for all cooks, servers and dishwashers using the kitchen for food preparation and serving events.
6. Prohibited activities or gatherings: shall include, but are not limited to:
- Raffles or games of chance
- Non-ministry fundraising
- Political groups or events (regardless of party)
- Business or for-profit purposes
- Non-ministry parties
- Use of alcoholic beverages, narcotics, tobacco, other dangerous drugs, profanity, gambling, and boisterous conduct or any other unlawful activities. Facility/Room use expectations: To care for our facilities and to demonstrate our thankfulness to God for this church, we ask for your help by following the expectations listed below:
- Please use lids on coffee cups to avoid major spills.
- Please do not serve red punch.
- Please report the location of other spills to the custodial staff or church office immediately.
- Please do not use tacks, nails or tape on walls or woodwork in connection with any signs, notices, pictures, place cards, posters, display or exhibits in any rooms.
- Please return room to the way you found it prior to your event (i.e., Furniture and decor put back, clean table tops, counter tops, and make sure that all loose papers, leftover craft materials and snack items are placed in trash cans). Empty trash and replace liners and deposit trash in the outside dumpster.
- Please return all coffee and water service supplies to the kitchen after your event. Wash and put away along with any dishes and silverware used for your event.
- Please do not use or move any sound, lighting or technical equipment. If sound, video, lighting or technical equipment is needed a fee will be required for a trained Camano Chapel technician.
- Please close windows when event is over.
- No animals will be permitted in the buildings, except for licensed service dogs.
- Violation of these rules, creation of a disturbance, or willful damage will cause cancellation of privileges for the offending group or individuals.
- Non-ministry groups and/or individuals using any room will hold Camano Chapel harmless for all loss, liability or expense resulting from any injury to any person or any loss of or damage to any property.
7. These simple expectations will help Camano Chapel care for our God-given facilities.
8. Facility Fees: While Camano Chapel does not charge facility rental fees, fees may be charged if a staff members presence is required.
9. Forms: Completion, submittal and approval of the following form is required by Camano Chapel prior to scheduling your event.