Engaged to be married? We are glad you are inquiring about what we believe God desires for your marriage and how we at Camano Chapel can prepare for and be a part of your wedding event. Please review the following wedding policy, as well as frequently asked questions. Your first step will be to download, complete and submit both the Bride and Groom wedding applications. Additional questions should be addressed with one of the pastors.
(Please review all items)
The following steps will help get your wedding process off to a smooth start.
1. After thoroughly reading this Camano Chapel Wedding link including all questions and answers, the Bride and Groom Wedding Applications may be downloaded, printed and completed at home or you can call the Church Scheduling Assistant to request that each application be sent to your individual addresses.
2. The wedding applications are submitted to the pastor you are asking to officiate your wedding. (A reservation date for the wedding is not confirmed until the applications have been submitted and reviewed by the officiating pastor.)
3. The officiating pastor reviews the application, possibly including a review by other Camano Chapel pastors, and makes a determination of three things:
a. that the wedding to be performed in the church is consistent with the beliefs of Camano Chapel,
b. that the officiating pastor, if outside of Camano Chapel, agrees with the beliefs of Camano Chapel, and,
c. that the officiating pastor requested by the Bride and Groom is available on the requested date.
4. The officiating pastor meets with the couple to communicate decisions regarding the wedding request and pre-marriage counseling.
5. The approved applications are now forwarded to the Camano Chapel Wedding Host.
6. The Wedding Host makes contact with the bride and groom to confirm a primary and alternate date requested for the wedding. Coordination of dates should include the availability the officiating pastor, availability of the requested room(s), as well as the availability of an Audio/Video/lighting (AVL) technician. The Wedding Host then reserves the dates and location of the rehearsal, wedding and reception with the Church Scheduling Assistant on the church’s master calendar (noting the name of the officiating pastor on the calendar entry). A wedding deposit will be collected at this time.
7. The Wedding Host will work through the wedding plan worksheet with the bride and groom to gather wedding event information. (The Bride and Groom are required to secure their own Wedding Coordinator who directs the timing and logistics of the rehearsal, photo session, ceremony, reception/dinner and departure. Feel welcome to ask the Camano Chapel Wedding Host or the church office for a list of local Wedding Coordinators, or you may provide your own. Click Wedding Coordinator for a description of typical expectations).
8. The Wedding Host will complete a preliminary event request form at the time the wedding is approved; a deposit has been made and the event is scheduled on the calendar. If ceremony or reception attendance numbers change or if set-up information changes, an updated Room Request Form shall be submitted at least one month prior to the wedding date.
We, at Camano Chapel, want to ensure your wedding day is very special. Our church provides a Wedding Host who desires to make your wedding experience smooth and enjoyable. The Wedding Host will:
1. Make the arrangements for needs and requests you have of the church.
2. Organize facility details to minimize loose ends or forgotten items.
3. Coordinate logistical details with Camano Chapel scheduling, facility and worship/music staff.
4. Facilitate requests for other related activities of the wedding, (ie. Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions, Decorating, Dressing etc.).
5. Coordinate with the family and facility staff a plan for cleaning and representing the facility for regular Sunday morning ministry uses, including a final walk-through at the end of your event.
We know that weddings are a source of joy, but also a source of stress and worry. The Wedding Host intends to minimize that stress and worry from a facilities standpoint, to enable you to focus on the joy of your special day. A Wedding Coordinator is necessary to keep your rehearsal, photo session, ceremony and reception on track. The Wedding Coordinator shall work under the direction of the Camano Chapel Wedding Host, but shall be compensated directly by the family.
The following will address more miscellaneous considerations.
1. The Wedding Host will meet with you to determine the estimated cost of your wedding. A check for the total estimated amount is required to put your wedding date on the church’s calendar (see “Deposit Cost Structure” section for details). Checks should be made payable to Camano Chapel and be sent to 867 S. West Camano Dr., Camano Island, WA 98282.
2. Marriage licenses shall be turned into the church office at least one week prior to your wedding day.
3. Couples shall attend pre-marriage counseling sessions (refer to officiating pastor for requirements).
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the Camano Chapel campus.
5. Smoking is not permitted on the Camano Chapel campus.
6. Camano Chapel allows the three traditional wedding dances- the father/daughter, mother/groom, and bride/groom dances.
7. Birdseed or bubbles are permitted to be thrown at the couple in designated areas (throwing rice is not permitted).
Weddings may be scheduled within 6 to 12 months prior to the proposed wedding date, subject to regular and special programming as well as preparation for Sunday worship services.
1. Wedding requests within 3 to 6 months prior to the proposed wedding date may be considered only on a case-by-case basis.
2. December weddings may only be scheduled during the second Friday or Saturday, allowing for normal Christmas programming and preparations.
3. All dates are subject to staff, facility and AVL technician availability.
Due to the absence of custodial coverage and/or facilities availability, weddings will not be scheduled on holidays (including: Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends).
The following options are made available subject to regular programming as well as facility preparation for Sunday worship services.
1. Monday-Thursday nights: ending by 8pm.
2. Friday nights: ending by 9pm.
3. Saturdays: ending by 4pm.
4. No Sunday Weddings.
There are four options:
1. Hearth Room in Heritage Hall(table and chair seating capacity – 50, standing capacity - 75)
2. Upper Room in Saratoga Hall (table and chair seating capacity - 120, standing capacity - 250)
3. Chapel in Heritage Hall (table and chair seating capacity – 125, standing capacity - 250)
4. Worship Center (table and chair seating capacity – 300, standing capacity - 699)
Note: If you desire to have your reception or rehearsal dinners at Camano Chapel, our Wedding Host will help you plan and work through the event request form detailing arrangements as to setup, servicing, takedown and cleanup.
A deposit will be collected up-front for the services listed below and reflects customary set-ups (Costs may increase for non-customary expectations). If actual costs exceed the deposit, a summary will be provided reflecting the balance due.
Pastoral Honorarium - at the family's discretion.*
* Includes Officiating and Counseling Pastoral Services
Support and Technical Honorariums
Wedding Host - $200
With Reception Add - $100
Wedding Coordinator - To be determined by provider
Audio Technician - 200
Lighting Technician - $100
Projection Technician - $100
* Includes technician time for set-up, rehearsal and ceremony
Hearth Room in Heritage Hall - $100
Upper Room in Saratoga Hall - $200
Chapel in Heritage Hall - $200
Worship Center - $400
Gym Kitchen - $200
Small Kitchen - $100
* Includes time for set-up, take-down and clean-up as weekends are off-hours
A deposit summary of estimated wedding and reception costs will be provided by our Wedding Host after you have submitted all requested information.
Note: Audio/Video/Lighting needs for weddings held in the Worship Center, Saratoga Hall and Heritage Hall require trained Camano Chapel technicians. Technical needs should be directed to the Wedding Host who will work with our Director of Worship and Music to fulfill these needs. Please inquire for details.
Camano Chapel will provide the following as part of on-site services:
1. The use of pre-approved rooms.
2. The Camano Chapel Wedding Host is required for all on-site weddings. (You will choose a Wedding Coordinator that will work under the direction of the Camano Chapel Wedding Host. Click Wedding Coordinator for a description of typical expectations).
3. Audio/Video/Lighting Technician (subject to availability).
4. Facility Director assistance.
5. Camano Chapel tables/chairs (subject to availability due to prior reservations for another event).
The family is encouraged to help with moving tables and chairs from their stored location to the dinner or reception site, with take down and return of all tables and chairs to the original storage location.
The family shall make other arrangements for the following on-site or off-site services:
1. Florist – All flowers and other room decorations will be provided by the family or an outside service hired by the family.
2. Food Service – All foods, beverages (no red punch please), paper/plastic products, food services and clean-up will be provided by the family or by a private caterer hired by the family and approved by the Wedding Host.
3. Setup, takedown, trash disposal, etc. shall be provided by the family.
4. Wedding Coordinator - (a list of local Wedding Coordinators is available upon request).
6. Due to existing Camano Chapel programming and predictable transportation wear and tear, Camano Chapel tables and chairs are no longer available for off-site weddings, dinners or receptions.
Here is a list of information a Wedding Coordinator will ask for as a part of planning your wedding.
Bride and Groom Information
Wedding Attendant Information
Ceremony Planning Information
Reception Planning Information