HOW TO SUPPORT OUR MISSIONARIES
- That God would open doors of ministry, blessings partnerships and friendships
- Those who serve will be led by the Holy Spirit and recognize open-door opportunities
- God to lead His people past the barriers to hearts prepared to receive His Word.
Boldness in Witness
- That missionaries would have boldness to overcome the fear of embarrassment or failure
- That the Spirit will provide them with words that communicate effectively in other cultures and languages.
- That God will thwart the opposition of evil forces so that the Gospel can be known
God’s Word Will Spread
- Obstacles must be removed to allow God’s Word to spread rapidly and freely
- Strength and stamina as missionaries encounter antagonistic spiritual forces
- Satan, who is determined to obstruct the spread of the Gospel, will be resisted
- God’s word will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes
- That God would keep the Christian workers and their families safe from those who might seek to hurt them
- That God would change the hearts of those who are resistant to His Word and to people who share the gospel
- Clear guidance from God regarding travel decisions
- Protection during their travels
- Adequate provisions and permission to travel where it’s necessary
- That God will provide opportunities for missionaries in remote or difficult areas to spend time with other believers
- That God will provide times of peace and relaxation to refresh His workers
- That God will encourage missionaries with the knowledge that people back home care about them personally and their well-being
- Letters, email and/or care packages sent to them
- Important dates (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays)
- An interest in their ministry and their family and through prayer and/or financial support.
C. Financial Support
A person can financially support a missionary through a one time gift or monthly support by:
- Giving your support check in the church offering during the worship service, designating who your support check is directed to in the “memo” part of the check, or…
- Simply include your missions giving in your regular weekly church offering. Currently 10% of Camano Chapel’s annual budget is earmarked for missionary efforts, and each missionary we support receives a monthly support check from the general fund.
(Note: All checks are made out to Camano Chapel with the missionary’s name in the memo or on your tithe envelope.)