Facility RequestsCamano Chapel Facility Use Guidelines and Policies
Needing a place to meet? Please review the following Facility Request policy, as well as frequently asked questions. One of your first steps will be to download, complete and submit a Room Use Request Form.
We truly appreciate your help!
Camano Chapel Administrative Board
Camano Chapel Facility Use Questions and Answers
What are Camano Chapel facility use policies?
We believe the facilities of Camano Chapel belong to God. The leadership of Camano Chapel reserves the right to ensure that usage is consistent with our Statement of Purpose, Core Values and with biblical principles. We ask that:
1. Requesting group understand that Camano Chapel’s use of its facility has first priority. Camano Chapel may have to cancel or change any reservation in the event of a funeral or staff need. Camano Chapel will exercise its best efforts to accommodate all reservations accepted; however, it assumes no liability for cancellations. Events may not be scheduled on holidays, holiday weekends, or the week prior to Easter and Christmas.
2. Requesting group understand that only community groups or non-profit organizations may use rooms. There will be no raffles or games of chance in any events at Camano Chapel. Facilities are not available for political groups, regardless of party, or gatherings for the purposes of fundraising or profit-making purposes. Camano Chapel reserves the right to request and review your organizations mission statement, objectives and description of any alignments that you may have with other organizations considered to be political, partisan or moral in nature in order to ensure that Camano Chapel facility uses do not conflict with our mission to uphold a Biblical worldview. The applicant organization shall not practice discrimination of any kind.
3. Outside non-profit groups (i.e. S.C.J.A.A., Civic organizations etc.) using the facilities will be required to submit a Certificate of Insurance verifying proof of bodily injury, property damage, and liability coverage prior to the use of facilities naming Camano Chapel as an additional insured. A copy of the organizations non-profit documentation (ie. Articles of Incorporation, 501c Letter of Determination etc.) is also required.
4. Groups and/or individuals using the kitchen for food preparation will be required to submit copies of food operating permits when food is served to the public.
5. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. No tacks, nails or tape will be used on walls or woodwork in connection with any signs, notices, pictures, place cards, posters, display or exhibits in any rooms.
7. No animals will be permitted in the buildings, except for service dogs.
8. Use of alcoholic beverages, narcotics, tobacco, other dangerous drugs, profanity, gambling, and boisterous conduct or any other unlawful activities on church property is prohibited.
9. No red punch will be served (stains cannot be removed from carpeting).
10. Dancing is not permitted.
11. Groups and/or individuals agree to leave the rooms neat and clean and to return the chairs to their original position. Any trash exceeding the capacity of the container provided must be deposited in the outside dumpster. (See Room Use Expectations – Attachment 3)
12. Violation of these rules, creation of a disturbance, or willful damage will cause cancellation of privileges for the offending Group.
13. Groups and/or individuals using any room will hold Camano Chapel harmless for all loss, liability or expense resulting from any injury to any person or any loss of or damage to any property.
14. No unauthorized use or movement of sound, video, lighting and technical equipment. If use of sound, video, lighting or technical equipment is needed, request for assistance must be made prior to program. (Extra fees for services may apply).
What is the fee structure for facility usage at Camano Chapel?
Facility Rental Costs: Camano Chapel does not charge facility rental fees however donations are appreciated to offset the cost of utilities and ongoing repairs and maintenance. Room reservation and set-up details should be noted on the attached form (See Room Use Request Form)
Housekeeping Deposits: Camano Chapel staff time may be required to provide set-up, take-down, security, audio/video/lighting and housekeeping services before, during and after the event. A deposit will be collected up-front for these purposes. Actual housekeeping and custodial service costs will be subtracted from a deposit collected from the user group in advance of the event. Services will be calculated at a rate of $20.00/hour. (Required housekeeping includes the room requested plus common areas such as hallways and restrooms used for the event.)The following schedule clarifies approved facility uses and housekeeping costs depending on the event and room(s) requested.
*Certificate of Liability Insurance is required, naming Camano Chapel as an additional insured.
1. If additional custodial time is needed beyond the deposit rates shown below to represent the facilities for normal readiness, the user group will be invoiced at a rate of $20.00 / hour.
2. Camano Chapel Family Groups are discounted for most rooms at 25%.
To see the Camano Chapel Facilities Deposit Schedule click here.
What are Camano Chapel’s room use expectations?
To care for our facilities and to demonstrate our thankfulness to God for this church, we ask for your help by following the simple expectations listed below:
1. Please use lids on coffee cups to avoid major spills.
2. Please do not serve red punch or frosted cookies and cupcakes.
3. Please cover tables and carpets with plastic for all crafts requiring use of glue and/or paint.
4. Please report the location of any spills to the custodial staff or church office immediately.
5. Please stack children’s chairs on top of the tables after each event (applies to first floor C.E. rooms only).
6. Please return room to the way you found it prior to your event (i.e., Furniture and plants put back, clean tables tops, counter tops, and making sure that all loose papers, leftover craft materials and snack items are placed in trash cans).
7. Please return all coffee and water service supplies to the kitchen after your event. (Wash and put away your dishes and silverware).
8. Turn lights and heat off and close windows when event is over.
9. Please do not use or move any sound, lighting or technical equipment without prior authorization.
These simple expectations will help Camano Chapel care for our God-given facilities.